Manager, Individual & Corporate Relations (Manhattan)
compensation: Competitive Salary & Benefits Package
The Manager, Individual & Corporate Relations will build upon the organization's extremely successful existing foundation-centric fundraising efforts, by designing and executing a plan to grow Small Business Majority's budget through the solicitation of corporate and individual donations (via major gifts, special events, etc.),. The manager will focus particularly on diversifying the organization's donor base and work closely with team members to secure funding for new initiatives. In addition, the manager will work closely with the Board of Directors and the soon-to-be created Advisory Council to support them as they become more active in fundraising.
This position can be based in Washington, DC, New York City or San Francisco.
View our website www.smallbusinessmajority.org.
• Work closely with the CEO, Vice President, External Affairs, and other team members to develop and implement a fundraising plan that includes individual and corporate donations and sponsorships
• Actively reach out to potential funders via phone and email
• Write proposals and, where appropriate, collaborate with the Director of Research & Grants and his team on the development and execution of certain proposals
• Research funding sources and trends with the goal of strategically positioning the organization to weather funding shifts and take advantage of emerging opportunities
• Monitor all donor information; provide and present statistical analysis to Leadership Team and Board of Directors.
• Develop and implement a stewardship program aimed at cultivating deeper ties with donors
• Develop and mentor other team members involved in the individual and corporate development process
• Demonstrated success in a lead non-profit development role, including managing and forging relationships with multiple donor sources (particularly high-net-worth individuals and corporations)
• Demonstrated success in cultivating and expanding existing donor relationships, in addition to identifying and establishing new donor relationships
• Ability to construct, articulate and implement an annual strategic development plan
• Excellent communication skills, both written and oral; ability to influence and engage a wide range of donors and build long-term relationships
• Experience with organizations focusing on public policy (business/economic issues preferred)
• Frequent travel. This position will require a fair amount of travel
• Strong interest in business, public policy, and their intersection
• Flexible and adaptable
• Ability to work independently, but also be a team player who will engage with others at varying levels in the organization
• A professional with resourceful/entrepreneurial attitude
• The ability to take initiative and manage multiple tasks and projects
• Strong organizational and time management skills and exceptional attention to detail
• Customer focused
• High energy and passion for organization mission
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers