Full-Time Evening Baker Wanted (Chelsea)
Friendly, busy bakery in Chelsea is seeking a full-time evening baker for cake, cupcake and cookie production. The baker is responsible for production of doughs, mixes, cakes, cupcakes, cookies and other desserts. Schedule is roughly Monday to Friday, 4 pm till midnight--no overnight shifts! The ideal candidate:
• Should have previous high volume baking experience in a commercial kitchen
• Must be able to communicate well in English
• Must be able to follow recipes precisely
• Should be enthusiastic, hard working, well organized and neat
• Able to work independently without direct supervision--you will be essentially running the kitchen in the evening and also supervising the activity of an assistant baker and/or a porter/dishwasher
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs.
• Should ideally have a NYC Food Handler's Certificate (or be willing to obtain one).
Benefits include a competitive salary, desirable schedule, plus health insurance after fulfilling a waiting period.
Please email us a resume including your relevant experience and tell us a few things about yourself in the email. Also please note that the interview process will include an unpaid trail for part of one shift to assess your skills and introduce you to our bakery. We place an emphasis on having a happy, pleasant working environment and look forward to adding new talent to our team!
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers