Program Manager- Eugene Lang College (Union Square)
• Develop, implement, and document protocols and procedures to aid program leadership in curricular and strategic planning and to ensure clear and responsive communications on curricular and faculty issues
• Make curricular planning recommendations to the Chairs and the Associate Dean of Academic Planning by developing and analyzing various reports on enrollment, program course allocation, etc.
• Collaborate with the Chairs on the development and review of new and current programs and curricular offerings, including confidential course evaluations
• Manage all program schedules in coordination with the Chairs
• Develop and implement effective means of tracking part-time faculty, including confidential matters of review and budget planning, and ensuring compliance with Collective Bargaining Agreement, in collaboration with Assistant Dean for Faculty Affairs
• Manage the confidential full-time faculty review process and full-time faculty searches, as needed
• Work closely with the Chairs, Admissions team, CEA, and the Associate Director of Visibility and College-wide Event Coordination on student recruitment and marketing strategies
• Collaborate with the Associate Director of Visibility and College-wide Event Coordination on events, including budget oversight and troubleshooting
• Supervise and coordinate work of clerical staff in the Dean's Office
• Additional duties and committees as assigned
Strong candidates will demonstrate the ability to work in a complex, demanding environment, the ability to collaborate with peers and multiple constituencies; handle confidential matters; be self-directed and show initiative in seeking ways to improve processes and procedures.
• Master's Degree and at least three years experience in higher education administration or related field.
• Prior experience supervising staff is essential.
• Excellent interpersonal, oral and written communication skills, close attention to detail, and strong organizational and time management abilities are crucial as well as an ability to juggle multiple tasks and switch gears easily, be flexible, proactive, think creatively, and work as a part of an administrative team.
• Proficiency in MicroSoft Word and Excel, Gmail, Banner, CMS, and various social media experience desired.
In addition to a dynamic and progressive work environment, The New School offers a competitive benefits package, including medical and dental insurance, retirement plans, flexible spending accounts and a tuition waiver. We encourage a healthy work/life balance and offer employee assistance services, health and well-being programs and over four weeks of vacation time per year.
Apply with us and discover the rewards and opportunities in working for a world-class, urban university.
Interested candidates must apply online at: https://careers.newschool.edu/postings/10742
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers